Saturday, October 2, 2010

Who Are You?


Who Am I?

A former upstanding, god-fearing citizen.

An ex-herd member.

A broken cog in the machinery.

The rebellious first born,

An immigrant’s son

Lost in a land of insanity.

A non-believer with no faith in humanity.

I smoke ‘cause I know it’s bad for me

I drink whiskey ‘cause I like the taste of poison

And I do drugs because they’re illegal.

I drive a shitty car

And it reeks of booze and pussy,

Just like it should.

I get high at funerals

I piss on churches

I start fights

I ruin lives

And chances are,
I’m fucking your wife.

I’m an overgrown man-child.

A tightly wound bundle of youthful potential,

Merely floating through my prime.

A committed apathist.

A prolific, prophetic asshole,

With a penchant for philosophical dick jokes.

Judge,

Jury,

And Excommunicated.

A raging ego

With nothing but false bravado.

An analogue operator

Forced to go digital.

Paranoid, bipolar, and schizophrenic,

But trust me, my delusions are real.


I love chaos.

I create it.

I bathe in it.

The system is broken

And the rules are imagined.

I'm here to fuck shit up.


A self-loathing hypocrite.

A drug-addled youth,

Who can’t finish a damn thing.


A disappointment,

And salvation.

A nihilistic romantic.

Alone in a city of millions.

I’m everything you’re not supposed to be.


I’m a Modern Miscreant.

No comments:

Post a Comment